Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
Please read the following rules of engagement before posting. They are designed to ensure the community remains professional, vibrant, and useful for all group members. Since there are gray areas for such rules, NAED reserves the right to interpret the rules of engagement so the group can successfully lead change in the electrical distribution industry through knowledge sharing and communications. Although, NAED staff moderates the group, members are encouraged to help the moderators in this process by reading and following the Rules of Engagement, flagging inappropriate content, and informing a moderator of spam and inappropriate content.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
Code of Conduct
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Job posts are not allowed. This includes messages that advertise job opportunities; recruit candidates; feature resumes and applications, or that self-promote one’s availability for positions.
- Spam messages and postings are prohibited. Spam includes:
- Sending multiple unsolicited messages to group members. Substantiated complaints will result in the spammer being removed and blocked from the community
- Posting the same discussion repeatedly in order to promote a product, service or company.
- Posting commercial comments in discussions when such comments have nothing to do with the discussion.
- Posting comments in one’s own discussion for the sole purpose of making it go to the top of discussions.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
Code of Conduct Violations
If a participant violates the rules included in the NAED Communities Code of Conduct, an NAED staff member or a Communities administrator reserves the right to take the steps described below. The National Association of Electrical Distributors reserves the right to change the resolution process at any time and without notice.
Advertising, failing to comply with copyright, rudeness, negativity, bullying, cruelty, etc. If there is any question of criminal behavior, NSPE will report it to the authorities.
An NAED staff member or a Communities administrator will edit or remove the post. Participant will be notified by email or private message that they have violated the NAED Communities Code of Conduct. In the message, the administrator will cite the rule broken. Participant will be asked to discontinue similar actions. Participant will be asked to confirm they understand the violation. Participant will be notified that any subsequent violation will result in participant being put on probation with posts being moderated prior to posting for a period of thirty days.
An NAED staff member or a Communities administrator will edit or remove the post. Participant will be notified by email or private message that they have violated the NAED Communities Code of Conduct. In the message, the administrator will cite the rule broken. Participant will be asked to confirm they understand the violation. Participant will be asked to discontinue similar actions. The participant will be put on probation with posts being moderated prior to posting for a period of ninety days.
An NAED staff member or a Communities administrator will edit or remove the post and then notify the participant by email or phone that they have been banned from the Communities. NAED members may seek to appeal the decision by contacting the Community Manager in writing.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of National Association of Electrical Distributors. National Association of Electrical Distributors is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by National Association of Electrical Distributors or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall National Association of Electrical Distributors be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants National Association of Electrical Distributors and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
National Association of Electrical Distributors does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of National Association of Electrical Distributors we will take all appropriate action.
National Association of Electrical Distributors reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.
Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic